Just in time for the holidays, Kō Hana Distillers and the Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina have partnered together to bring the new holiday dessert handcrafted by Executive Pastry Chef Helen Hong and infused with KOHO Hawaiian Agricole Rum, THE ULTIMATE RUM CAKE.
A few months ago, we were able to visit the Kō Hana Rum Distillery just up the road from our home. Located in Kunia, we took a tour that led us on a walkthrough of the environmentally friendly and economical creation of the Agricole Rum. And of course, a sampling of a rum flight. For more about our tour at the distillery, visit here.
The Ultimate Rum Cake comes beautifully packaged in a square tin, and artfully wrapped in Four Seasons signature black ribbon, the cake is the perfect companion to Kō Hana Rum’s iconic cube glass bottle. The ideal gift for foodies, rum aficionados, and anyone who appreciates Hawaiian culture and traditions, the Ultimate Rum Cake serves 4-6people. Its toasty and nutty flavor profile is nicely balanced by the sweet aroma of the rum, and it has the consistency of a pound cake. Serving suggestions include caramel or vanilla sauce with nuts or coconut sprinkled on top. The cake is available for purchase in limited quantities exclusively at KōHana Distillers and the Four Seasons Oahu resort throughout the holiday season. Retail cost: $22
After tasting the ambrosial rum cake, we had a fun cocktail tasting. We had the Kō Hana Kalikimaka and Kō Hana Kobbler. Kō Hana Kalikimaka is made with apple purée, allspice dram, and Kō Hana Koho rum. The KōHana Kobbler is made with blackberry sweet vermouth with a lemon twist and Kō Hana Kea.
In addition to the Ultimate Rum Cake, Kō Hana offers a selection of holiday gifts sets perfect for any culinary or spirits connoisseur, including:
- A trio of Koa—the brand’s aged barrel strength Agricole rum, each aged in different oak barrel (Brandy, Sherry, and Madeira); 375 mL; $250
- The Manulele Collection—A unique blend of Kea white rums that debuts during the holiday season. In addition to the 375 mL bottle, the gift set includes a muddler, jigger and leather flask; $80
- Kō Holoholo—Includes a 375 mL bottle of Koho, the barrel-aged rum that has been rested in oak barrels from 18 months to over 3 years, along with a Kō Hana Distillers tote bag and t-shirt; $75
- Meli set—This food lover’s pack includes a 375 mL bottle of Kokoleka, a premium liqueur made from local Hawaiian honey and cacao blended with Kō Hana’s Agricole rum, as well as a 375 mL bottle of Kō Hana Provisions barrel-aged Hawaiian honey and a bag of Manulele Coffee Company barrel-aged whole bean coffee; $90
- Koa for Two—Includes a 375 mL bottle of Koa, two coasters and 2 spey drams; $100
- Cocktail set—Includes a 375 mL bottle of Kea, a jigger, muddler and cocktail recipe card; $45
The rum cake is a perfect gift during the holidays for those that love a sweet tasting-punchy dessert. It’s available at Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina. Be sure to also try the Kō Hana Kalikimaka and Kō Hana Kobbler cocktails at Bar at Hōkūleʻa which is also located at Four Seasons Resort at Ko Olina. Smooth cocktails, ambrosial cake, and exceptional environment with the collaborations of Kō Hana, Four Seasons Resorts Oahu is a great place to relax, enjoy and ring in the holiday spirit!