This birthday butter mochi is very easy to make and quite a delicious dessert or snack. It is similar to the Ube Butter Mochi using Hawaii’s Best mochi mix. If you are not familiar with mochi, it is a Japanese sticky rice dough – it has a bouncy, soft, and chewy texture.
BIRTHDAY BUTTER MOCHI INGREDIENTS
- 1 bag (15 oz) Hawaii’s Best Hawaiian Birthday Butter Mochi Mix
- 4 tbsp salted butter (melted)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup water
HOW TO MAKE BIRTHDAY BUTTER MOCHI
- Preheat your oven to 325°F
- In a small bowl, melt 4 tablespoons of salted butter, set aside to cool.
- In another small bowl, beat 3 eggs, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter mochi mix (entire contents of bag) in 1 cup of water (room temperature water) for approximately 10-15 seconds or until mochi batter is smooth.
- Next, add butter, eggs, and whisk for an additional 10-15 seconds or until mochi batter is smooth.
- Grease cupcake or baking pan then pour mochi batter into the pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes in preheated oven. Bake until butter mochi begins to pull away from sides of pan. Be sure to place pan on middle rack in the oven.
- Let it cool, serve, and enjoy!
Let us know if you try this recipe! Please tag us on Instagram posts or stories @wanderlustyleblog – we would love to share it!