Hey there, foodie adventurers! We’re about to make your Oahu grub-hunting a total blast. Buckle up because we’re spilling the beans on the 50 absolute must-chow-down spots. Get set for an epic taste journey through Oahu’s mouthwatering food world. From hidden gems to legendary joints, this handpicked list is your golden ticket to savoring the heart and soul of Oahu, one tasty bite at a time. Let’s dive in, foodie fam!
1. MW Restaurant offers a modern take on Hawaiian and Asian fusion cuisine, with creative dishes that showcase the best of local ingredients.
2. Helena’s Hawaiian Food Helena’s offers a taste of authentic Hawaiian cuisine with dishes like pipikaula (beef jerky) and lomi salmon. The cozy, family-run restaurant provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and the flavors of their traditional Hawaiian fare will leave you craving more.
3. Koko Head Cafe For a breakfast experience like no other, visit Koko Head Cafe, where Chef Lee Anne Wong crafts creative dishes like the “Cornflake French Toast” and the “Chili Pepper Water Fried Chicken & Cornbread Pancakes.” The cafe’s inventive twists on classic brunch items make it a favorite among locals and food enthusiasts alike.
4. Leonard’s Bakery Leonard’s Bakery is famous for its malasadas, fluffy Portuguese doughnuts that come in various flavors like custard-filled, li hing, and cinnamon sugar. Locals and tourists alike flock to this iconic bakery to indulge in these delectable treats, which are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven.
5. Roy’s is an absolute culinary gem, blending Hawaiian and European flavors to create a dining experience like no other. With its elegant ambiance and a menu that showcases the freshest seafood and locally sourced ingredients, it’s perfect for a special night out. Don’t miss their signature dishes, like the Macadamia Nut-Crusted Mahi-Mahi, which perfectly captures the essence of Hawaii on a plate.
6. Matsumoto Shave Ice Matsumoto Shave Ice is a North Shore institution that offers a rainbow of flavors and refreshing combinations. This charming shave ice shop has been cooling down visitors for generations with its generous portions and delightful tropical syrups.
7. Ono Seafood Ono Seafood is a hidden gem for poke lovers, offering some of the freshest and most flavorful poke bowls on the island. Their extensive selection of toppings and sauces allows you to customize your bowl to perfection, and the friendly staff ensures a welcoming experience.
8. Marukame Udon Marukame Udon is renowned for its fresh, made-to-order udon noodles and tempura. The cafeteria-style setting allows you to choose from a variety of noodle and tempura options, providing a satisfying and budget-friendly meal in the heart of Waikiki.
9. Haleiwa Joe’s With stunning ocean views and a menu featuring a variety of seafood and steak dishes, Haleiwa Joe’s is a North Shore favorite. The restaurant’s welcoming ambiance and quality cuisine make it an ideal spot for a memorable dining experience.
10. Cinnamon’s Restaurant Cinnamon’s is famous for its delicious breakfast items, including the legendary red velvet pancakes. Enjoying a meal here with a view of Kailua Beach is the perfect way to start your day on the Windward side of Oahu.
11. Alicia’s Market Alicia’s Market is a local favorite known for its plate lunches and fresh poke bowls. Their poke is a must-try, with a variety of flavors and options to choose from, all prepared with high-quality ingredients.
12. Ted’s Bakery Ted’s Bakery, located on the North Shore, is famous for its decadent chocolate haupia pie. This sweet treat combines rich chocolate with creamy coconut haupia, creating a dessert that’s a slice of paradise.
13. Alan Wong’s Restaurant Alan Wong’s Restaurant offers a fine dining experience with Hawaiian regional cuisine that showcases the flavors of the islands. The creative dishes, often featuring locally sourced ingredients, provide a culinary journey through Hawaii’s diverse tastes.
14. Hula Grill Waikiki Situated on the Waikiki beachfront, Hula Grill offers a relaxed atmosphere and a menu highlighting fresh seafood and Hawaiian-inspired dishes. The stunning ocean views and live music make it an ideal spot for a leisurely meal.
15. Mud Hen Water Mud Hen Water, located in Kaimuki, embraces a farm-to-table ethos, offering innovative Hawaiian dishes prepared with locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant’s commitment to sustainability and bold flavors make it a standout in the culinary scene.
16. Nisshodo Candy Store This little candy store in Honolulu is a hidden treasure for Japanese mochi and manju enthusiasts. With a wide range of flavors and traditional treats, it’s the perfect place to satisfy your sweet tooth.
17. Kailua Beachside Cafe Enjoy breakfast with a view of Kailua Beach at Kailua Beachside Cafe, known for its delightful morning fare and a relaxed, beachy atmosphere.
18. Kahuku Farms Kahuku Farms offers a unique farm-to-table dining experience, complete with fresh smoothies and an inviting ambiance surrounded by lush greenery.
19. Young’s Fish Market Young’s Fish Market is your go-to spot for Hawaiian-style laulau and tasty, traditional Hawaiian poke. It’s a local institution for authentic island flavors.
20. Nami Kaze is a cozy and authentic Japanese restaurant tucked away in the heart of Honolulu. With its warm and welcoming atmosphere, it’s a favorite among locals seeking traditional Japanese comfort food. From delicious ramen to freshly prepared sushi, Nami Kaze offers a delightful taste of Japan in the heart of Oahu.
21. Ethel’s Grill A beloved local haunt in Chinatown, Ethel’s Grill offers comforting, local-style cuisine that hits all the right notes. Their friendly service and homestyle cooking keep patrons coming back for more.
22. Robata Jinya at Ward in Honolulu is a vibrant izakaya-style eatery that combines Japanese tradition with modern flavors. With its open-grill “robata” concept and a diverse menu, it’s a go-to spot for sharing delicious small plates and skewers with friends. Whether you’re indulging in their grilled specialties or exploring their extensive sake selection, Robata Jinya promises a dynamic and flavorful dining experience.
23. The Pig & The Lady The Pig & The Lady is known for its innovative Vietnamese fusion cuisine. With a menu full of creative and flavorful dishes, it’s a culinary adventure that shouldn’t be missed.
24. Fete Fete, a restaurant with a focus on Pacific-inspired cuisine, boasts a commitment to sustainability and the use of local ingredients. The result is a unique dining experience that highlights the flavors of the Pacific Rim.
25. Lucky Belly Lucky Belly is the go-to spot for top-notch ramen and a diverse range of Asian-inspired dishes. The inviting atmosphere and bold flavors make it a popular choice among locals and visitors alike.
26. Arancino, with its three locations across Oahu, is renowned for serving authentic Italian cuisine with a touch of island flair. From handcrafted pasta dishes to wood-fired pizzas, Arancino offers a delectable taste of Italy in the heart of Hawaii.
27. House Without a Key, nestled in the luxurious Halekulani Hotel in Waikiki, is a classic Hawaiian setting where guests can enjoy cocktails and live hula performances under a century-old kiawe tree. With its stunning oceanfront view and a menu featuring a mix of island-inspired and international cuisine, it’s the perfect spot for a relaxed, upscale dining experience in paradise.
28. Goen Dining + Bar Goen Dining + Bar in Kapolei offers an exciting fusion of Japanese cuisine with unique and mouthwatering creations that will satisfy your taste buds.
29. Domo Cafe, located in the heart of Honolulu, is a charming Japanese cafe that offers a fusion of traditional and modern flavors. With a menu showcasing a variety of bento boxes, sushi, and delightful desserts, it’s a beloved spot for those seeking a taste of Japan in a cozy setting.
30. Holey Grail Donuts, located in Honolulu, is a donut lover’s dream come true, known for its creative and indulgent flavors. From matcha green tea to bacon maple, their unique and mouthwatering donut creations are a must-try for anyone with a sweet tooth.
31. Romy’s Kahuku Prawns & Shrimp Head to Kahuku for mouthwatering prawn and shrimp dishes, harvested from the nearby ponds, and served in a variety of savory sauces.
32. Liliha Bakery Liliha Bakery is known for its irresistible coco puffs and an array of other delectable baked goods. It’s a pastry lover’s paradise.
33. Rainbow Drive-In A true local gem, Rainbow Drive-In is famous for its plate lunches, and the “mix plate” is a must-try – it combines tender teriyaki beef, succulent fried chicken, and flavorful mahi-mahi. The generous portions and affordable prices make this spot a favorite among both tourists and locals.
34. Haleiwa Bowls For a refreshing and healthy treat, visit Haleiwa Bowls on the North Shore and savor their acai bowls and smoothies.
35. Vein at Kaka’ako in Honolulu is a trendy, plant-based eatery that’s perfect for health-conscious diners and vegans. Their menu features a diverse range of delicious plant-based dishes, making it a fantastic destination for those looking for a fresh and sustainable dining experience in the heart of the city.
36. Seven Brothers Located on the North Shore, Seven Brothers is a laid-back eatery known for its tasty burgers and beachy vibes.
37. Moku Kitchen Situated in the heart of Honolulu, Moku Kitchen offers farm-to-table dining, craft beers, and a welcoming atmosphere.
38. Orchids brunch buffet at the Halekulani in Waikiki is a lavish and oceanfront culinary experience that features an array of gourmet dishes, seafood, and desserts. With its elegant setting and serene ocean views, it’s a perfect way to indulge in a leisurely and upscale brunch while taking in the beauty of the Pacific.
39. StripSteak by Michael Mina, located in the International Market Place in Waikiki, is a sophisticated and contemporary steakhouse known for its prime cuts of beef and extensive wine list. With a chic ambiance and an open kitchen, it’s the ideal place to savor top-quality steaks and seafood in a stylish setting while enjoying the energy of Waikiki.
40. Zippy’s is a beloved local chain in Hawaii, famous for its diverse menu of Hawaiian comfort food, including plate lunches, chili, and saimin. With numerous locations across the islands, it’s a go-to spot for both locals and tourists seeking a taste of Hawaii’s classic and affordable cuisine.
41. Scratch Kitchen & Meatery Scratch Kitchen & Meatery offers innovative American fare with a focus on locally sourced ingredients. The menu changes frequently, ensuring that every visit is a fresh and delightful experience. Be sure to try their famous “Oxtail Gravy Fries” and delectable desserts.
42. Nico’s Pier 38 Located by the waterfront in Chinatown, Nico’s Pier 38 is a seafood lover’s paradise with fresh catches and local Hawaiian favorites. The “Furikake Pan-Fried Ahi” and “Poke Bowl” are popular choices, and the casual yet vibrant atmosphere adds to the dining experience.
43. Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck Situated on the North Shore, Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck serves up mouthwatering garlic shrimp plates that are messy but absolutely worth it. The succulent shrimp is smothered in a flavorful garlic sauce and served with rice, creating a savory and satisfying meal that’s perfect after a day at the beach.
44. Hideout The Laylow’s Hideout restaurant and lounge offers creative cocktails and dishes with a tropical twist. The vibrant and stylish atmosphere makes it a great place to unwind and savor island-inspired cuisine.
45. Little Village Noodle House Little Village Noodle House has been a long-standing Chinese restaurant in Chinatown, known for its delicious noodles and dim sum. Whether you’re craving hand-pulled noodles or savory dumplings, this spot offers a satisfying Chinese dining experience.
46. La Tour Cafe La Tour Cafe is a French-inspired bakery and cafe that serves an array of pastries, sandwiches, and coffee. Their commitment to quality and presentation is evident in every bite, making it a delightful spot for a quick meal or snack.
47. Fook Lam Seafood Restaurant Fook Lam Seafood Restaurant offers Chinese seafood specialties in a bustling and lively setting. From lobster to crab, the menu features an array of delectable options for seafood enthusiasts.
48. Mariposa, situated within Neiman Marcus at Ala Moana Center, is an upscale restaurant known for its elegant ambiance and refined American cuisine with a touch of Asian influence. With an emphasis on fresh and seasonal ingredients, it offers a luxurious dining experience in the heart of Honolulu’s premier shopping district.
49. Ethel’s Grill Ethel’s Grill is known for its local-style comfort food served with a smile. The welcoming ambiance and generous portions of home-cooked dishes make it a favorite among those looking for a taste of Hawaii.
50. Splash Bar at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is a delightful poolside oasis offering a refreshing respite from the Waikiki sun. With tropical cocktails, light bites, and a relaxed atmosphere, it’s an ideal spot to unwind and enjoy the Hawaiian vibes in the heart of Honolulu.
As we wrap up our epic culinary tour of Oahu’s 50 absolute best places to grub, we really hope you’ve vibed with the deliciousness we’ve served up. From local legends to under-the-radar gems, these joints have totally showcased Oahu’s diverse flavors and foodie culture. So whether you’re a local or just swinging by, may your future food adventures on the island be stacked with incredible flavors and Insta-worthy moments.